When to tell us you're leaving the Island
You don't need to tell us more than a month in advance of when you're leaving.
How to tell us you're leaving the Island
If you're leaving Jersey for three months or more, you'll need to complete the form below (unless you're a full time student leaving to go to university).
We'll tell the following that you're leaving:
- Social Security (this sits within Customer and Local Services)
- Taxes Office
- Health and Social Services
- Education (only if you're leaving with a child)
- your doctor's surgery (only if you want us to tell your surgery)
- the parish that you lived in when you left
Tell us you're leaving the Island
Impacts of leaving the Island
After leaving Jersey, you're still liable to pay any fines that occur if you don't complete forms or other responsibilities on time.
Leaving Jersey may affect your:
- residential and employment status
- tax position
Residential statuses and what they mean
Changes in circumstances (income tax)
Data sharing agreement
Who else you need to inform
You should consider contacting the following: