Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest figures (FOI)
Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest figures (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 19 September 2023.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Please provide the following information concerning out of hospital cardiac arrests (OHCA) and the use of defibrillators, both by ambulance services and the public for the periods of 1 December 2021 to 30 November 2022 and 1 December 2022 to 30 September 2023:-
- Number of OHCA occurrences
- Number of OHCA patients resuscitated by the Ambulance Service
- Number of times a defibrillator was employed
- Number of times a Publicly Accessible Defibrillator was utilised
- A list of postcodes where each OHCA transpired
Please see attached table.
The list of postcodes has been broken down into public and private only as providing specific postcodes may identify individuals and their medical conditions. Article 25 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied.
Article 25 - Personal information
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
(2) Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is not the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018; and
(b) its supply to a member of the public would contravene any of the data protection principles, as defined in that Law.
3) In determining for the purposes of this Article whether the lawfulness principle in Article 8(1)(a) of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 would be contravened by the disclosure of information, paragraph 5(1) of Schedule 2 to that Law (legitimate interests) is to be read as if sub-paragraph (b) (which disapplies the provision where the controller is a public authority) were omitted.