Number of Leaders in schools (FOI)
Number of Leaders in schools (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 28 June 2023.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
The number of *Leaders in schools that are female and male and total number overall.
The different pay grades that male and females are on.
*Leader - for this purpose is a Headteacher, deputy Head teacher assistant Head teacher, civil service pay grade 12 and above and all teachers that have a TLR allowance as they are leaders in their respective areas.
Please see Table A attached.
Please note that this response does not include the leadership roles in Highlands College or the Virtual School.
There are no TLR (Teaching and Learning Responsibility) allowances in Jersey. The local equivalent, SAs (Supplementary Allowances), have been included, awarded for leadership responsibilities, pastoral and/or a curriculum responsibility, or for leading on a specific task. A teacher can be awarded more than one level of SA. All SA points have been included as the system does not record what the SA point is held for, i.e., whether they hold leadership responsibilities.
Table B attached provides a breakdown of “Leaders” employed within Jersey schools by gender and pay grade as at the 22 May 2023.
- The Government of Jersey does not hold data related to staff employed by the Island's non-provided schools. Article 3 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 applies
- Where numbers are fewer than five, disclosure control is applied to avoid identification of individuals. Article 25 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied
- SA (Supplementary Allowances) replaces TLR (Teaching and Learning Responsibilities) as this term is not used in Jersey.
Article 3 - Meaning of “information held by a public authority”
For the purposes of this Law, information is held by a public authority if –
(a) it is held by the authority, otherwise than on behalf of another person; or
(b) it is held by another person on behalf of the authority.
Article 25 - Personal information
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
(2) Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is not the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018; and
(b) its supply to a member of the public would contravene any of the data protection principles, as defined in that Law.
3) In determining for the purposes of this Article whether the lawfulness principle in Article 8(1)(a) of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 would be contravened by the disclosure of information, paragraph 5(1) of Schedule 2 to that Law (legitimate interests) is to be read as if sub-paragraph (b) (which disapplies the provision where the controller is a public authority) were omitted.