What the People Directory is
The People Directory is a central repository that holds information about the general public, shared across all States of Jersey departments.
We’ll use the directory to deliver a consistent and collective service to customers, companies and organisations, no matter which department they interact with. It will hold address and contact details.
Why we need the directory
Our current system is inefficient. Personal data is collected multiple times around States departments. This is time consuming and leads to poor data quality.
Data is held in different formats, relevance and levels of accuracy. Each system has separate reference numbers for people and there is no cross-referencing or sharing between systems.
The People Directory allows us to manage profiles in the
customer service platform. It will link people information throughout the States using an index mechanism.
Benefits of the people directory
The directory allow us to:
- store people information in a single location which other systems use
- reference data from across the States
- ensure that our people information is stored securely
- maintain and administrate data cost effectively
- analyse our data and receive business insight
- update information immediately to all departments
Challenges we faced
- we need regulation changes to cover the used of the People Directory across the States. This will make sure the People Directory is in line with the latest Data Protection laws
- initially, the People Directory functionality will be limited by the existing data consent and data sharing framework
- The project had to wait until
Digital ID was ready before the People Directory could go live.
We will use the people directory and customer service platform to provide a new 'change your contact details'
Tell Us Once service.
Business owner: Jean Claude Joly – Head of Information Management
Project management team
Manuel Saenz, Project Manager
Christos Valerkou, Technical Lead
Simon Ropert, Operational lead