Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Protecting your contribution record if you're off work sick or injured

Getting credits if you can’t work because you’re sick or injured

If you’re unfit for work because of sickness or injury, we may be able to cover your contributions for you while you are signed off.

This means we can protect your contribution record so that you can still claim contributory benefits (such as a pension or maternity benefit), when you need to.

How to apply

Bring your medical certificate into Customer and Local Services. If you’re entitled to credits, we’ll credit you for the time you are signed off work.

As long as you have paid at least three months’ worth of contributions before the end of the relevant quarter, you’ll be entitled to sickness benefit credits.

Quarter you need to have paid contributions by

The table below shows how to find out the relevant quarter that affects your contributions. You can use this to work out if you are entitled to sickness benefit credits.

If Short Term Incapacity Allowance claim begins during: The relevant quarter that affects payment of benefit is:
January, February or March July to September in the previous year
April, May or June October to December in the previous year
July, August or September January to March in the same year
October, November or December April to June in the same year
Back to top
rating button