Development of contaminated land (advice note)
Since the adoption of the original SPG in 2005, most of the UK legislation and guidance that helped inform ‘best practice’ on Jersey has been replaced or revised in light of advances in the identification and treatment of contaminated land and its potential legacy.
A departmental review of the 2005 SPG was undertaken in 2016 and this revision was subsequently produced. The revised planning guidance now reflects latest best practice.
The revised SPG also:
- links the guidance back to Policy GD6 of the Island Plan
- incorporates a simple flow-chart of the three phases of risk assessment
- clearly states the typical information required in risk assessments
- contains up-to-date contact details and links to current technical guidance
- incorporates an easy to complete Completion Certificate for submission once a site is successfully remediated
Development of contaminated land guidance