Who can apply for a purchase scheme
If you're interested in buying a home but need some financial help to do so, you may be able to apply to join assisted purchase home ownership scheme.
You will be eligible to purchase a property through an assisted purchase home scheme if you:
are over 18 years old
- are residentially qualified to live in Jersey (you must have ‘Entitled’ residential status)
- have been resident in Jersey for more than six months prior to the date of application
- have not previously or currently own another property in Jersey or elsewhere in the world (are a first-time buyer)
- cannot afford to purchase a property suitable for their needs in the open market
- can meet the long-term financial commitment of purchasing a property
- are going to live in the property as their principal place of residence
- have an annual household income below the limits set out in the following table:
|Property size Maximum gross annual income
|1 bedroom flat
|2 bedroom flat
|2 bedroom house
|3 bedroom house
|4 bedroom house
Further information on the eligibility criteria for purchasing a property through an assisted ownership scheme can be found in the following policy document:
Assisted Home Ownership Schemes Eligibility Criteria policy
How to apply to join the Assisted Purchase Pathway
Islanders interested in registering for the scheme can do so through Andium Homes:
Apply to join the Assisted Purchase Pathway
Schemes that are currently providing assisted purchase homes include:
Government of Jersey’s First Step open-market shared equity scheme
Andium Homebuy scheme
- Re-zoned housing sites
- other schemes offering assistance towards the costs of purchasing a property (see additional detail in policy document)
How the purchase schemes work
Purchase schemes can be run by private agencies and housing providers. Schemes can become available at various times.
Each scheme can different and have its own rules. For example, some might provide homes at a discounted price, whereas others might provide help towards a deposit to buy a home.
First Step open-market shared equity scheme
A new £10million shared equity scheme to help first-time buyers into home ownership was announced by the Minister for Housing and Communities in September 2023, to launch in Spring 2024. The scheme is estimated to help 30 to 60 first-time buyers.
Under the First Step scheme, Islanders who meet the eligibility criteria for purchasing a property through an assisted ownership scheme will be able to access a Government contribution of up to 40% towards the purchase of an open market property.
The buyer will be required to provide a minimum 5% deposit towards the purchase and secure a mortgage with a partnering lender.
Further details on the scheme criteria will be made available before the launch.
Register your interest for the First Step scheme
Contact Andium Homes to register your interest in the First Step scheme.