About COVID Status Certification
Your COVID Status Certificate allows you to show others that you've had 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in Jersey.
This will provide Islanders with secure written proof that they have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. This may be required by other countries for several reasons, including entry at the border.
Who can get a COVID Status Certificate
You can get your Jersey COVID Status Certificate if the following applies:
- you've had 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- both doses of the vaccine were delivered in Jersey
How to get your COVID Status Certificate
A COVID-19 Status Certificate will be sent automatically to your registered address.
Certificates will be automatically be sent to those who have received their second dose of the vaccine. Islanders should expect their COVID Status Certificate to arrive within 2 weeks of their second dose.
The certificate contains a number of security features and a unique reference number, making it difficult to forge.
Check your address
Your COVID Status Certificate will be sent to your registered address in Jersey. Make sure your address is correct by either:
- logging into your OneGov account
- calling Customer and Local Services on +44 (0) 1534 444444
Opt-out of getting a status
You can choose to opt-out of getting COVID Status Certificate sent to your home address.
Anyone who does not wish to receive a paper COVID Status Certificate can opt out by contacting the Coronavirus helpline.
What you can use it for
A COVID Status Certificate may be required by other countries for several reasons, including entry at the border. These certificates are not currently required for use in Jersey, however you can choose to use it to prove that you have received two doses of a COVID-19 MHRA approved vaccine
If you're not fully vaccinated
You will only be provided with a COVID Status Certificate once you have received 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in Jersey.
If you have received your first or second dose of the vaccine outside Jersey, and the other dose in Jersey, then you can request a evidence of the Jersey administered dose by contacting the Covid helpline. If you are eligible, a secure paper single dose letter will be issued and sent to your home address.
Work is under way to enable Jersey and other jurisdictions to issue double dose certificates for those who have received one dose of the vaccine in Jersey and one dose elsewhere.
A digital solution is also under development that should be able to display information on vaccine doses received in different jurisdictions.
Using your COVID Status Certificate for travelling to Jersey
Our Safer Travel Policy allows fully vaccinated passengers reduced testing and isolation requirements when entering Jersey. Testing and isolation requirements will depend on your travel classification.
To be eligible for 'fully vaccinated' status, the following criteria must be met:
you must have received a complete course of an MHRA approved vaccine:
2 doses for a 2 dose vaccine (Pfizer, AstraZeneca or Moderna vaccines) or 2 doses of trial vaccine through an approved UK trial
1 dose for a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine)
- the final dose must have been administered at least 2 weeks prior to arrival in Jersey
- proof of an MHRA approved vaccine from anywhere in the world
- you must make a legal declaration of your fully vaccinated status on the pre-travel registration form
- you must provide evidence of vaccination status on request on arrival in Jersey (unless you have been vaccinated under the Government of Jersey Vaccination Programme)
Vaccinated in Jersey
If you have been vaccinated in Jersey and have had your second dose more than 2 weeks before your planned travel, you'll need to input your social security number into your travel form before arriving in Jersey.
You won't need to show your COVID Status Certificate on arrival into Jersey.
Vaccinated outside of Jersey
If you have received a completed course of an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine from anywhere in the world, and have had your final dose more than 2 weeks before your planned travel, you can declare your vaccination status on your pre-travel registration form before arriving in Jersey.
Proof of your vaccination status, using approved evidence from your country of residence, must be available on request.
Acceptable evidence of fully vaccinated status for people not vaccinated in Jersey
Your evidence should be provided in English or have a translation, where possible. Your evidence must contain the following information:
- your full name
- details of all doses of your vaccination, including:
- the date of all doses (your final dose must have been more than 2 weeks before your planned travel)
- the type of vaccine received (must be MHRA approved or part of an approved UK trial)
Other forms of evidence may contain additional information, including:
- your date of birth
- country of vaccination
Evidence of fully vaccinated status can be:
- a government issued secure paper letter
- a government approved app showing evidence of vaccine records
- completed government issued vaccination appointment card
- PDF of GP record of vaccination
- an official letter from an institution demonstrating participation of a UK approved trial. This must be an official letter from the chief investigator of the UK trial, or the local principal investigator for the trial site, be on official headed paper and include details of the study title and design
You can submit evidence of vaccination from more than one jurisdiction as proof of fully vaccinated status. For example, someone who has received their first vaccine in England and second vaccine in Jersey, will be able to upload details of both these doses separately.
Make sure you have evidence of your fully vaccinated status and photographic ID to confirm your identity.
The criteria is subject to change, particularly when more secure COVID Status Certification documents are issued by all countries. You're strongly advised to recheck the list of acceptable evidence prior to travel.
More information about vaccination status and travelling to Jersey
You can show your COVID Status Certificate as proof of your vaccination status when travelling abroad.
The rules of entry for other countries are changing frequently and some may require proof of vaccination. You also may need to follow other rules when travelling abroad, such as getting a negative pre-departure test or testing on arrival.
Make sure you:
check the entry requirements for your destination country on the
GOV.UK foreign travel advice pages
- get up-to-date information from the website of your destination country
- confirm with your destination country that they will accept a Jersey COVID Status Certificate as proof of vaccination status
You may still be required to show other proof like a negative (PCR) test, and you may still have to isolate on arrival.
COVID Status Certification English
COVID Status Certification Portuguese
COVID Status Certification Polish
COVID Status Certification Romanian
COVID Status Certification Bulgarian