The Outline Economic Strategy for Jersey sets a vision for Jersey to become a consistently high-performing, environmentally-sustainable and technologically-advanced small island economy by 2040.
It also sets 5 missions for Jersey's economy by 2040:
- be a fair economy, with fair access for all Islanders to educational, housing and employment opportunities, collectively benefiting from the green transition and technology revolution
- be an international economy, which is outward facing, globally connected and that attracts diverse talent and investment
- be skills-led, where people are the key asset which drives competitiveness and socially-cohesive growth
- be resilient to economic shocks and agile to change
- be a recognised innovation hub, driven by investment in new opportunities and market-making processes, products and services