Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Energy Trends

​The Energy Trends report looks at the supply and use of various fuels such as electricity, gas and petroleum products. It also focuses on changes over time.

Latest report

The 2021 report shows:

  • Almost all of Jersey’s energy supply was imported; about 2% was produced on Island as electricity generated by the Energy Recovery Facility and Jersey Electricity solar panels
  • Petroleum products accounted for about three-fifths (61%) of Jersey’s energy supply; electricity (imported and on-Island generated) accounted for the remainder (39%)
  • Jersey’s total primary energy supply (TPES) was 6% more than in 2020
  • Total final energy consumption (FEC) was 6% more than in 2020
  • Energy consumption per head of resident population was 1.4 toe  and was below that of the UK (1.9 toe)
  • Of total energy used, just under half (42%) was by households, around a third (31%) for transportation (predominantly road) and a similar amount (27%) by industry and government
It is important to note that due to the global pandemic, activity related to travel and some economic sectors was reduced during 2020 and parts of 2021. This is expected to have had an impact on the supply and use of energy in those areas, especially in 2020, before a partial recovery to pre-pandemic levels in 2021.

Previous reports

Jersey Energy Trends 2020 report

Jersey Energy Trends 2019 report

Jersey Energy Trends 2018 report

Jersey Energy Trends 2017 report

Jersey Energy Trends 2016 report

Jersey Energy Trends 2015 report

Further information on energy

The following editions of the Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey cover energy topics:

  • 2019 report, chapter 7: fuel burning appliances in the home
  • 2018 report, chapter 1: household energy efficiency and household energy use
  • 2017 report, chapter 1: arrears for household energy bills
  • 2015 report, chapter 3: domestic central heating
  • 2014 report, chapter 11: energy bills, saving energy and reducing fuel bills
  • 2010 report, chapter 4: energy initiatives
  • 2008 report, chapter 3: energy use in Jersey households
  • 2006 report, chapter 7: how Jersey households use energy, energy efficiency in homes and domestic heating

Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey

Back to top
rating button