About Freedom of Information (FOI)
The Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 is designed to make us more accountable and transparent in the way we operate and make decisions. It gives you the right to access information held by us. All you have to do is ask.
You can use this information for a wide range of things, including:
Asking for information (making an FOI request)
Before you make a request for information you should:
You must make your request in writing. The easiest way to do this is by completing our online FOI form.
Complete the FOI form
If you don't want to use our online form you can find other ways to make a request in our guide
how to make an FOI request.
Departments you can request information from
The following Government of Jersey departments fall under FOI legislation:
- Customer and Local Services (formerly Social Security Department, includes Social Security, Office of Superintendent Registrar and Library)
- Children, Young People, Education and Skills (formerly Education Department)
- Health and Community Services (formerly Health and Social Services Department)
- Justice and Home Affairs (formerly Community and Constitutional Affairs)
- States of Jersey Police
- States Treasurer and Exchequer (formerly Treasury and Resources Department)
- Infrastructure, Housing and Environment (formerly Department for the Environment, Department for Infrastructure, Jersey Property Holdings and now includes Trading Standards and Sport)
- Strategic Policy, Performance and Population (new Department comprising all policy making sections from across all former departments. This includes the Children’s Commissioner)
- Chief Operating Office (formerly Human Resources)
- Office of the Chief Executive (formerly Chief Minister’s Department, includes External Relations Department and Economy*)
- States Assembly (including States Greffe)
- Judicial Greffe
- Viscount’s Department
- Department for the Economy
Any other authorities which fall under the law need to be contacted directly. This includes Andium Homes and parishes.
You can request information from Andium Homes by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing a letter.
Freedom of Information on the Andium Homes website
You can request information from Parishes by emailing
email@example.com or by writing a letter.
FOI and Data Protection on the Parishes website