15 June 2022
If you work outdoors, you could be at risk from sunburn and longer term health issues.
To protect your skin:
- cover up by wearing appropriate clothing
- wear a hat with a brim or a flap that covers the ears and the back of the neck
- stay in the shade whenever possible, during your breaks and especially at lunch time
- use a high factor sunscreen on any exposed skin
- drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration
- consider altering working hours to start and finish earlier
Further information is available on the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE UK).
Keep your top on: advice for outdoor workers (HSE UK)
Outdoor workers and sun exposure (HSE UK)