|Department||The Cabinet Office|
|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||23/06/2023|
About the consultation
The Minister for Housing and Communities has launched a consultation to seek views on proposals for a new Residential Tenancy Law. These proposals are set out in the Improving Residential Tenancies in Jersey, Residential Tenancy Law Reform published on 14 April 2023.
Improving Residential Tenancies in Jersey, Residential Tenancy Law Reform proposals
The paper explains the Minister’s proposed approach to improving the existing Residential Tenancy Law, which will look to make enhancements to residential tenancies and broaden the scope of the law to include matters such as rent stabilisation, social housing provision and the introduction of a new housing tribunal.
The paper has been published further to action MHC P3.2 of the Minister for Housing and Communities Delivery Plan, which sets the agenda for improvements to residential tenancy legislation in Jersey.
The paper sets the direction of travel for much-needed modernisation of residential tenancy legislation. Given the scale of work that is required to introduce the changes proposed, it is essential that everyone has the chance to contribute their views. This will help shape policy and legislation which can meet the needs of tenants and landlords in Jersey, whilst helping to ensure that the resulting draft law is supported and implemented without delay.
During this consultation, focused engagement will take place with key stakeholders and representative groups and an In-Committee debate will be held for States Members.
Public meeting dates
Join us at St Helier's Town Hall to speak to us in person and share your views:
- landlord session on 5 June 2023 from 6pm to 8pm
- tenant session on 7 June 2023 from 6pm to 8pm
- combined landlord and tenant session on 13 June 2023 from 6pm to 8pm
Further details about the sessions will be published in the media and on the Government of Jersey's social media pages.
Junte-se a nós na Câmara Municipal para saber mais e partilhar as suas opiniões:
- sessão para proprietários, 5 de junho 2023, 18h para 20h
- sessão para inquilinos, 7 de junho 2023, 18h para 20h
- sessão conjunta para proprietários e inquilinos, 13 de junho 2023, 18h para 20h
Spotkaj siȩ z nami w ratuszu w St. Helier (Town Hall), żeby dowiedzieć siȩ wiȩcej i powiedz nam, co myślisz.
- spotkanie konsultacjne dla właścicieli wynajmujących lokale mieszkaniowe, 5 czerwca 2023, od godziny 18 do godziny 20
- spotkanie konsultacyjne dla najemcòw lokali mieszkanowych, 7 czerwca 2023, od godziny 18 do godziny 20
- spotkanie konsultacjne dla wszystkich zainteresowanych, 5 czerwca 2023, od godziny 18 do godziny 20
Alăturați-vă nouă la primărie pentru a afla mai multe și spuneți-vă părerile:
- sesiune pentru proprietari, 5 iunie 2023, 18:00-20:00
- sesiune pentru chiriași, 7 iunie 2023, 18:00-20:00
- sesiune comună pentru proprietari și chiriași, 13 iunie 2023, 18:00-20:00
How to submit comments to the consultation
The consultation is open until 23 June 2023.
You can provide your comments using the online survey.
Or send them:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to: Residential Tenancy Law consultation, Strategic Housing and Regeneration Team, 19-12 Broad Street, St Helier, JE2 3RR
Konsultacja zakończy się w piątek, 23 czerwca 2023.
Powiedz nam, co myślisz:
- tryb online:
- wyślij do nas email na skrzynke:
- napisz do nas na adres: Residential Tenancy Law consultation, Strategic Housing and Regeneration Team, 19-12 Broad Street, St Helier, JE2 3RR
A consulta encerra sexta-feira, 23 de junho de 2023.
Dê-nos a sua opinião:
Consultarea se încheie vineri, 23 iunie 2023.
Spuneți părerea dvs: