|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||20/12/2020|
About the consultation
We would like your views on a proposed pilot contraflow cycle lane along Hill Street between Halkett Place and La Motte Street.
This is to make it safer and more enjoyable to cycle from the west of town to the east and to the St Saviour's Schools cluster.
This scheme is a year long pilot and will be created at the beginning of February 2021.
To achieve this the following will be done:
- narrow the road for the cycle lane, with westbound cyclists following the flow of traffic
- create a mandatory cycle lane denoted by a solid white line, prohibiting motorists from entering it
- installing bollard protection
- removal of the unloading bay and parking next to Morier House (the unloading bay by Dunell's will remain)
- monitoring to see if further safety measures are needed
Hill Street proposed scheme
How to submit comments to the consultation
Complete our online survey
By email or by writing to:
Infrastructure, Housing and Environment
PO Box 412