|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||01/01/0001|
About the consultation
The eastbound and westbound Esplanade Bus Gate Pilot project will commence construction on Monday 26 April and will be completed on Friday 7 May.
Map of proposed bus priority routes
The benefits of the scheme:
- eastbound bus lane will reduce journey times to the east of the island and improve reliability of the service.
- reallocation of one of the two westbound traffic lanes in front of the Pomme d'Or Hotel to an eastbound bus only lane.
- pilot coach bays will be introduced on La Route de la Liberation to provide safer coach facility and reduce disruption caused by the current practice of boarding and alighting in the middle of the road in front of the Pomme d'Or Hotel.
- the layby in front of the Pomme d'Or Hotel will remain as existing.
- all existing traffic routes are maintained so there will be low traffic impact.
- reduced emissions and congestion on the bus network is part of the longer term benefits of a more attractive bus service.
How to submit comments to the consultation
The proposal will provide a low intervention pilot scheme which can be further improved when wider improvements are made to the public realm.
Please send your comments and suggestions by email to email@example.com