Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Report a benefit thief

What to do

All the information you provide will be confidential. You don't have to give us your name or address, and you don't have to know all the answers to the questions.                                                                                                                             

Give as much information as you can about the person you're reporting. This could include:

  • their name
  • their address
  • the type of fraud you think they're committing including the benefit you believe they are receiving

Make sure you're not being watched when you're filling in this form, and that any printed out copies of the form are kept safe.

You can also call +44 (0) 800 7351111 to report a benefit thief. Lines are open between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). Calls to this number may be chargeable from mobile phones.

You should complete a separate form for each person you suspect.         

Report a benefit thief

What happens next

Customer and Local Services will look at the information you give. They will not be able to tell you the outcome of their investigation.

Customer and Local Services will take action if they find the person has been committing benefit fraud or if the claim has been paid incorrectly. Where benefit fraud has been identified, action can include removing a person's benefit, asking them to pay the money back and may be taken to court. Where the claim has been paid incorrectly through an error, action may be taken by asking them to pay the money back.

Sometimes no action is taken, as the person may have declared a change in their circumstances, or their benefit may not be affected by what you report.

Back to top
rating button