Community Cost Bonus claims 2023
Applications are now open. Your application may take up to 8 weeks to be processed. Do not apply until you have received your 2022 tax liability.
Apply to receive a bonus
Before you apply, check below if you can claim the Community Costs Bonus or Cold Weather Bonus.
Apply for the Community Costs Bonus and Cold Weather Bonus 2023
Community Costs Bonus
The Community Costs Bonus is an annual payment to help households with cost of living pressures.
The Community Cost Bonus for 2023 is £516.50.
Who can claim the Community Cost Bonus
A household can claim the bonus when all of the following apply:
- at least 1 adult member has been resident in Jersey for the last 5 years
- the household had a combined tax liability of less than £2,735 for 2022
- no member of the household within the previous 7 days of application had an open
Income Support Claim.
Who is included in a household
A household is defined in the same way as it is for Income Support purposes. A household can be any of the following:
Cold Weather Bonus
The Cold Weather Bonus is designed to help pensioner households, who did not have a Tax liability for 2022, with the cost of heating during the winter months.
Only 1 Cold Weather Bonus can be claimed per household.
The Cold Weather Bonus is paid in 2 instalments:
- in January, for the months of October to December
- in April, for the months of January to March
This entitlement is £193.33 per month.
Who can claim Cold Weather Bonus
To claim the Cold Weather Bonus, you must be eligible for the Community Costs Bonus. In addition there are 3 more requirements to receive the Cold Weather Bonus:
- on the first day of the cold weather month, your household must include an adult who is 65 or over and have reached pensionable age in Jersey and is either receiving a Jersey old age pension or has 10 years' continuous residency before making the application
- you or your spouse or partner must either own your home or be responsible for a lease (people paying for board or lodgings only won't qualify for the bonus)
- no adult in the household should have received a cold weather payment from Income Support for the cold weather month
If you meet these conditions for only some of the months covered by the bonus, you'll be able to claim a lower amount based on the months that you're eligible for.