About the Christmas Bonus
Christmas Bonus is a benefit of £84.87 that is paid each December.
You can't apply for the Christmas Bonus.
Who can receive the Christmas Bonus
A Christmas Bonus is paid automatically to these groups of people:
- people over pensionable age who, for the whole month of November, are:
- members of the Pension Plus scheme
- receiving Income Support
- members of Income Support households who, for the whole month of November:
- have a significant disability or long term health condition and receive the personal care impairment component level two or three
- are full time informal carers and receive the carer’s component of Income Support
- people who claim long term care benefit and who receive means tested support with their living costs throughout the whole month of November
How it's paid
If you're eligible for a Christmas Bonus, it is paid directly into the bank account that your pension or our Income Support is paid into.
Or, if you live in a care home, your Christmas bonus is paid into the same account as your personal allowance. If you don’t get a personal allowance, we'll send you an open cheque.